Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Genealogy

So I've gotten myself immersed in my family genealogy. Boy what a hornets nest I've stirred up . . . murder . . . outlaws . . . . unwed mothers . . . . illegal name changes . . . This is great stuff!!! I never thought family history could be this fun. Frustrating at times as I want answers NOW, but need to be thorough and check sources and ensure correctness. Searching is a tedious thing. Time consuming too. But I've found it so very rewarding. My family probably is getting sick of my constant calls with updates of my findings.

Now I've volunteered to take pictures for others at a cemetery near me. I've taken a few . . it's fun traipsing through the cemetery searching for headstones of strangers. Somehow ghoulishly fulfilling.

Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment