Sunday, December 21, 2008

In the beginning

My first blog . . .

"Honey . . . how do you work this thing?"

So let me introduce myself, my name is CJ and I live in Brooklyn, although I'm born and bred from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm quirky, unconventional, optimistic and fun-loving.

I'm 40ish but certainly don't act a day over 21. I have two grown children and "sigh" no grandchildren . . . as of yet.

I live with my boyfriend who I refer to as my husband only because this is as close to being married as I'll ever be again and don't plan on going anywhere soon.

I have an annoying Quaker parrot named Scooby. I love her but she loves me to much and clings to me whenever I'm home. I will post alot about her.

I'm really into knitting and spend much of my spare time making things. I knit for everyone around me and hope to soon actually knit myself something.

Christmas, damn it really snuck up on me this year. Haven't done a dang thing yet. Partly because my car has been in the shop from a recent accident, (how can I have been driving for 29 years with no accidents and my son get in an accident after 6 months of driving?)

So off I go for the day, much to do . . . shoveling snow from the most recent snow fall and then knitting the afternoon away, only because after shoveling, my knee will be so swollen I won't be able to do much of anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, CJ

    Looking forward to what else you post. I just had my first in Sept. I live in The Villages, FL and work for a group of doctors doing payroll and accts. payable. Love that job! I knit caps for the military, sew ditty bags for them also, just learned engraving and calligraphy, and paint. I'm always on the lookout for something I could make and sell that would be unique and I could make some money. No luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the pressure is on to keep up the blog. I will look forward to your next entry. - Wojo

    ReplyDelete