Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The way it should be . . .

How I long for things to be the way the use to be . . . . the way they should be. I've discovered that things are way to complicated now a days.

Two things of note; Banking and Christmas.

Banking. . . . There was a time when you could just cash a check . . . no really, you could! Not anymore. You have to wait until it clears which usually takes 3 - 5 business days. It should matter that the check was drawn from a nationally known Insurance company and that there would be no way in hell that there would be any chance that the damn check wouldn't actually clear! If the banking industry is taking this much caution with my measly money . . . What the hell are they being bailed out for?

Christmas . . . What happened to buying out of the goodness of your heart . . and within your budget? It now seems more of a contest, who can spend more, buy better? I want to buy because I want to, not out of obligation, and not take into consideration what is being purchased for me to ensure that I give back equally. What if I don't have equally? I should be forced into debt to look good to others, feel bad about myself? What ever happened to good cheer?

Take a step back people and ask yourselves this questions. What kind of holiday is this?

This Christmas, take a hard look at how you feel about giving and receiving, not what you are giving and receiving.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

1 comment: